Dr. James R. Metcalf grew up in upstate New York and has been in private practice for over 35 years.
Education, Accreditations and Memberships
- BA State University of New York
- DMD University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- General Practice Residency – Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY
- Completed 3-year Specialty Training in Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics at University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- Completed his Masters of Dental Science at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- Elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon – National Dental Honor Society
- Commendation from Dean Edward J. Forest for exceptional patient care
- American Association of Orthodontist Award at Graduation
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) – Life Active Member
- American Dental Association (ADA) – Life Active Member
- An active member of the NH Dental Society and Greater Nashua Dental Society
- Elected a Paul Harris Fellow by the Rotary Foundation of Rotary International – Serving 20 years in the Rotary Club.
- Past President of the Greater Lowell Dental Society
- Invisalign Masters Course completion
When not practicing orthodontics, Dr. Metcalf enjoys spending time with his family and friends. He and his wife Cindy of 45 years reside in Amherst, NH with their two cats and two dogs. In his spare time, he enjoys fishing and woodworking.